Installing old HDD with Windows on it in a new PC with Windows already installed

May 18, 2018
This might be a dumb question but I am about to receive my new PC with a copy of Windows 10 already installed on it. Thing is, I want to put my old HDD in it as well, which already has a copy of Windows 10 on it. I was wondering if that could cause an issue, or is it fine because the bootdisk is the new HDD and there won't be any problems with putting my old one in?

Solution
If you want to boot from the old drive as a primary hdd that I think would cause BIOS driver errors and may not boot.

If you install the old drive as secondary as long as you know the password if any you can access it and copy files like documents, music, and photos to the new drive.

Dave8671

Distinguished
If you want to boot from the old drive as a primary hdd that I think would cause BIOS driver errors and may not boot.

If you install the old drive as secondary as long as you know the password if any you can access it and copy files like documents, music, and photos to the new drive.

Solution