[SOLVED] installing os directly to ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucky9

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
so basically i broke my boot drive with windows on it n cant afford to buy windows again and i dont have a disc big enough to burn a os to so i need to install it directly to my ssd
i have a usb to sata stand to connect my ssd to another pc
1 how do i install the os directly to the ssd without having to burn it to a disc
2 which os would be best for someone who has been gaming on windows for 6 years

Solution

Ubuntu is a Linux variant. Mac OS is Apple. Windows is Microsoft. 3 completely different operating systems.

And if your focus is primarily gaming, you will be sorely disappointed with Ubuntu.

USAFRet

Titan
1. either DVD or USB. there is no other option

2. Either Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit or Windows 8/8.1 64bit.

Are you looking to buy a new copy of Windows, or are you looking to migrate your existing Windows to a new SSD? You seem to be asking both.

chucky9

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
im not looking to buy a new copy of windows i cant afford it and ive broken my boot drive so i cant migrate my old one i was asking whats the best mac os to install for someone who has used windows for years as i know there are lots of different ones

USAFRet

Titan

Ubuntu is a Linux variant. Mac OS is Apple. Windows is Microsoft. 3 completely different operating systems.

And if your focus is primarily gaming, you will be sorely disappointed with Ubuntu.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.