Installing Ram from another PC

Julz83

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Hi all so iv'e tried to install two sticks of memory into my pc that has two 4gig existing sticks already. The two i'm trying to install are only 2gig each so i'll have a total of 12gigs . Problem is windows won't start unless i take them out. Their make is 2GB 1RX8. I took them from an old work computer that was destined tobe thrown out. Is it that these two sticks are not compatible with the motherboard?

Solution

Even if they are identical in specs, some ram sets are incompatible, thats why ram comes in SETS, they are designed to work well together, if this causes your PC to not boot/crash then they are obviously not compatible

Even if they are identical in specs, some ram sets are incompatible, thats why ram comes in SETS, they are designed to work well together, if this causes your PC to not boot/crash then they are obviously not compatible

Solution

Julz83

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I was thinknig the model and age of the ram plus the fact it came from a specifically built office computer culd be the issue. I've removed them and every thing is fine and i won't bother attempting to put em back in. Thnks for the fast response guys