[SOLVED] Installing realtek audio drivers or not ?

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Hi,

Im a little confused what to do with my new PC build and the audio drivers. I have a MSI B550 Carbon wifi motherboard with Realtek ALC1200 Codec.

So should I install the Realtek HD Universal Driver and/or Realtek Audio Control from the MSI website, or just use the drivers that are preinstalled with windows ?

Will the sound quality improve if I install the realtek drivers + audio control from MSI site, or is the drivers currently installed with windows already enough. It only says (High definition audio device) when I plug my headphones in.

Are there any bloatware involved with the Driver/audio control software, I just want to utilize the sound chip for gaming, and I don't know if I should install any drivers/codecs from MSI or straight from Realtek.

A USB gaming headset is also one option instead of my old 3.5mm sennheiser gaming headset, like the HyperX Cloud II.

Solution
Some people actually prefer the MS driver over Realteks. I'd say start with MS's since it installs with Win10 and if it's lacking then load Realtek's.