[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 and Linux

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hi

1. Is it possible to install both Windows 10 and some Linux version (I am thinking about Ubuntu right now) in a new Samsung 980 nVME? It will be great if there is any good link to steps.

2. I have heard about and used only fat32 and ntfs file systems while insalling windows in the past. nVMEs use a different system. I have read about zfs/btrfs/f2fs/xfs/ext4, etc. It'a bit overwhelming :(. Can someone throw some light on what are these partitions.

3. We need to have different file systems in the same nVME partitions for Windows and Linux? If so, how to create different partitions in the same nVME?

My advance thanks.

Solution
Desktop. I have only one nVME drive. I just want to use Linux. Never used Linux through it's GUI. Been planning it for looong!
To start with, rather than a whole dualboot thing....a Linux Live USB.
Get your feet wet before potentially borking up your one drive.

It can be done, but get your feet wet with Linux before you jump into the deep end.

USAFRet

Titan
Desktop. I have only one nVME drive. I just want to use Linux. Never used Linux through it's GUI. Been planning it for looong!
To start with, rather than a whole dualboot thing....a Linux Live USB.
Get your feet wet before potentially borking up your one drive.

It can be done, but get your feet wet with Linux before you jump into the deep end.

Solution