[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

algeisse

Prominent
Oct 28, 2019
So when I install an SSD (without Windows 10 installed) on a computer that previously had an HDD (with Windows 10), and when installing the new SSD to the computer and then plugging a USB with a Windows 10 installer, is it necessary to buy another activation code for Windows or does it keep that activation code in the computer?

Solution
So when I install an SSD (without Windows 10 installed) on a computer that previously had an HDD (with Windows 10), and when installing the new SSD to the computer and then plugging a USB with a Windows 10 installer, is it necessary to buy another activation code for Windows or does it keep that activation code in the computer?
On a new drive, in the same system..incurs no licensing issues.

If you are not changing your motherboard then you dont need to worry.

USAFRet

Titan
On a new drive, in the same system..incurs no licensing issues.

Solution