Question Installing Windows 10 problem

curlykale3

Honorable
Feb 17, 2015
Hi, I’m trying to install Windows 10 from an official DVD. I have also tried a USB stick and my own DVD burned from Microsoft’s ISO file. I am using a new Samsung Evo SSD to install onto. The bios is set to boot from the DVD.
Each time, I get a blue recovery screen. It’s as far as I can get. Any ideas please? Thanks in advance…

Hi, I’m trying to install Windows 10 from an official DVD. I have also tried a USB stick and my own DVD burned from Microsoft’s ISO file. I am using a new Samsung Evo SSD to install onto. The bios is set to boot from the DVD.
Each time, I get a blue recovery screen. It’s as far as I can get. Any ideas please? Thanks in advance…
Go to a working machine and put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Make sure the stick boots.
Bring the stick to the problem machine and see if it will boot.
If it does let it run a pass....no errors allowed.

crazyal

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
My laptop will only boot from windows 10 in the DVD drive if disable UEFI mode in the bios and enable legacy mode, a USB stick works fine in the right USB port however (not a blue USB 3 port).

Also when making the installation media with windows media creation tool you should uncheck "Use the recommended options for this PC" option as that can sometimes cause problems with UEFI booting.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Ive done done it it many times, helpful if you don't want to buy windows over and over agien. Nothing wrong with cloning.
Cloning between drives in one system is fine.
A reinstall or clone, in the same system, is almost never a licensing issue.

Moving that clone to a new system is quite something else.

The license is a whole different thing than the installation.

A Win 10 license is generally transferable between systems.

The actual install, be it the physical drive or a clone, is not.