[SOLVED] Installing windows 10

Jun 3, 2021
Can i Install windows 10 on a core 2 duo E6700 2.66 ghz with 4GB of ram
on a 10 year old computer with a intel motherboard, i am curently running windows xp pro i have a sansung ssd 500 bg hard drive installed

Solution
I had a tough time installing Windows 10 on an i3-2100 equipped system merely because I'm used to USB 3 speeds and devices being concurrent. As for your case, I don't think you're going to find much fruition since Windows 10 is phasing out(non optimizing) support for older hardware. The best i can recommend while you want to retain the Core 2 Duo platform is Windows 7, nothing higher than that. Vista isn't worth the effort either :)

In retrospect, the other matter is the integrity of your innards in that system, I think you might want to retire it or perhaps see if they need replacing(which is the same as investing into a new platform, albeit being faster).

Lutfij

Titan
I had a tough time installing Windows 10 on an i3-2100 equipped system merely because I'm used to USB 3 speeds and devices being concurrent. As for your case, I don't think you're going to find much fruition since Windows 10 is phasing out(non optimizing) support for older hardware. The best i can recommend while you want to retain the Core 2 Duo platform is Windows 7, nothing higher than that. Vista isn't worth the effort either :)

In retrospect, the other matter is the integrity of your innards in that system, I think you might want to retire it or perhaps see if they need replacing(which is the same as investing into a new platform, albeit being faster).

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
on a 10 year old computer with a intel motherboard, i am curently running windows xp pro i have a sansung ssd 500 bg hard drive installed
It will probably install and run.

Using it will probably like watching paint dry.

Reactions: Endre
Jun 3, 2021
I think it should work.
It meets the requirements.
I'm running Windows 10 on a 12 year old computer.
does it run really slow or does it run not too bad, i did see a big difference since i replaced the drive with a ssd
but hate to get rid of this computer just want to upgrade from xp for security purposes and support what processor are you running and how much memory

does it run really slow or does it run not too bad, i did see a big difference since i replaced the drive with a ssd
Core 2 duo E6700 is 15 years old (not 10 years).
Windows 10 on dual core cpu runs rather sluggish. For minimum comfortable use at least 2core/4thread cpu is necessary.
64bit windows 10 version may not even run on E6700, it may lack some necessary instructions (not 100% sure about this). 32bit version should be possible to run.

Anyway - I wouldn't recommend windows 10 on that pc. Use windows 7 instead.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
If you have ever heard of Ubuntu, that should run very well on your computer. I have a laptop with 2gb of ram and a 2.50ghz CPU that runs fine. Also, I would personally never try to install Windows 10 on a computer that originally has Windows XP installed on it.

igw

Jun 4, 2021
I have Windows 10 N 64 bit installed on an Intel Core i3-2312M (Dual Core) laptop on 4GB ram and a 256GB SSD.

It originally came with Windows 7 Home , 2GB ram and an HDD.

I never tested Windows 10 with the HDD but with the SDD it worked wonders, even with some light video editing and gaming.

With the additional 2GB ram stick installed, it pretty much suits my everyday needs.