Installing Windows 7 as dual boot on a windows 10 system (error 0xc0000428)

Nazgren

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi,
I am trying to install windows 7 on my SSD which already has a copy of Windows 10 Installed. I shrunk partition one, made a new 35gb partition, installed windows 7 and when i go to boot it i get the error:
0xc0000428: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.
How do i solve this? Google recommended using EasyBCD but i cant seem to work out exactly what part of this program is meant to solve it, have had a look around it and tried various settings, nearly breaking my windows 10 installation in the process, but i am still getting the same error. anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Solution
Ok, I seem to have solved it by enabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in my Mobo Bios. After repeatedly jumping between my 10 installation and failing to boot the Windows 7 installation I enabled this setting in my Bios and when the computer started up it immediately put me into a finalising Windows 7 installation screen and from there onto the Desktop.

Nazgren

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
I installed it from a Windows 7 install disk, I will try deleting the partition and reinstalling it into unallocated space.

Edit: reinstalled onto unallocated space, no difference, still get the error.

Nazgren

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Ok, I seem to have solved it by enabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in my Mobo Bios. After repeatedly jumping between my 10 installation and failing to boot the Windows 7 installation I enabled this setting in my Bios and when the computer started up it immediately put me into a finalising Windows 7 installation screen and from there onto the Desktop.

Solution