Installing Windows 8 On hp laptop

afrazblueblood

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
my bios is not booting os from cd I have selected cd rom in bios order it works on other pc's & laptop but not on my Hp envy sleekbook-4

Solution
I'm confused I guess. You say "i have set to bios to boot from usb device still it loads windows 8 in laptop" and now "i have got it installation of windows 8 but it is not showing any storage devices".

To make sure I have this straight, your PC will boot from the HD to win8 and you want to reinstall an OS which is why you have a CD/DVD to install from?

PinchedNerve

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Make sure the disk drive works would be the first thing. If the disk drive works and it still won't read the disk then you could try to convert the disk to USB on another PC with http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

PinchedNerve

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
If you're using an external drive then I would imagine it connects via USB which is why setting the bios to cdrom isn't working. CDROM would normally use SATA. Set the bios to boot from USB/External Device. Also, converting the disk to USB with wintoflash will most likely install faster.

PinchedNerve

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I'm confused I guess. You say "i have set to bios to boot from usb device still it loads windows 8 in laptop" and now "i have got it installation of windows 8 but it is not showing any storage devices".

To make sure I have this straight, your PC will boot from the HD to win8 and you want to reinstall an OS which is why you have a CD/DVD to install from?

Solution