Installing Windows xp On Gateway Select 1000 PC

Uaon

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Okay so I decided to have myself a nice little retro pc for playing older Pc games on.It originally came with Windows Millenium Edition (I know horrific right) installed,Its an old Pc from my youth that my mother was about to junk.I decided to save it and use for some retro fun.

My mother had a guy install Windows XP Pro on it at some point.I decided to do a fresh Windows XP install to clear the clutter,and make way for my old game collection.

BUT!!

After reformatting and commencing reinstall It continually gets a BSOD error.Ive tried multiple times in vain to do this.How the technician managed to install xp on it way back is beyond me =/

So I searched and tried in vain to find a Bios update(there are so many).

Pc serial number is 0001814558
Current Bios is 0AAVWP02

What to do??I really dont know.Ive spent hours searching google but to no avail.Im really needing a solution/tutorial right now

Uaon

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Uhm so It seems only 9.xx kernels work somewhat stable on this machine.Ive searched and tried but for the life of me cant get the windows 98 drivers I need.Ive been through sooo many installation :/ Im considering just giving up.Any help ???