Installng gpu

shogunlogun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
hey all, I am selling my 570 to my brother and getting a 580 3076mb since I bought more monitors and was wondering if I can just pop the card in place of the 570 since I have the latest nonbeta drivers? Or do I need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Thanks.

Solution
You are always better off running the install disc for the card so in this case uninstall the drivers along with the card and do a fresh install.

shogunlogun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Ok I will do that. Another question, if someone could help that is. I took out the card earlier since I have a z68 motherboard and used the onboard graphics, when I booted up my CPU temps were like 6 degrees lower than with the card. I do have a fan on the bottome of my case(Haf 932), did the temps lower cause the card wasn't obstructing the airflow of the bottom fan? Just curious cause it looked so nice having temps in the high 20's ;)

shogunlogun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Sorry to post again, If I want to uninstall, do I go to device manage and right click the 570 and click uninstall? Would I then just have to go to add/remove programs and get rid of the Nvidia Drivers?

Taking out the 570 and using the onboard graphics is causeing less stress on the cpu thus less heat and the temp goes down.

shogunlogun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

:D Well thanks for all the help Inzone. Just finished uninstalling all the graphics drivers and going to get my card in the mail tomorrow.

shogunlogun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Oh it is so nice. Runs a little hotter than the 570 but that's to be expected I guess. The 570 was an MSI with the aftermarket VGA cooler but this EVGA card is still great. I'm thinking I may get into watercooling in the future. Thanks again for the help.