Instead of turning on fans graphics card is turning off monitor.

wysard57

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
Nvidia 980 Ti one year old instead of fans on card kicking on it blacks out monitor. Anyone know whats up with that?

Solution
Could be your power supply, it's not very good quality. Did you check system temps? Test another card in the system or your card in another system with a good quality power supply.
Dead card? Exactly what is happening and need full system specs. Does the computer turn on OK? Do you see the BIOS screen? When does it turn off the monitor? Did you test another connection type, another cable, another card in the system, your card in another system?

wysard57

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
The computer turns on normally and I see the Bios access screen. the monitor stays on for about 20 min. then shuts off for 5 min. after that its on for 10 min. off for 5 min. the specs are i7 5930K, liquid cooled. on an MSI X99A Raider MB, 48 GB of Corsair 2400 memory, Samsung M2-950 SSD, Samsung 850 SSD, 3 TB of HD, LSP Ultra 750w power supply, EVGA Geforce GTS 980 Ti Classified. I haven't switched cards but am going to switch connections now. Thanks