Insufficient disk space in C:\Program Files (x86) - Installation Error

mardanlin

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
I am running Windows 8.1 and had the original Call of Duty game (from 2003) installed, but then I formatted because I had partition mix up where nearly 700gb was unallocated. I got all the drivers installed again after the clean install of Windows 8/8.1 (had to manually load Intel RST because the version on the disc would not support 3TB HDD) and nearly everything is back to how it was, except for 2 things that I've noticed so far. (The other is asked in a separate thread.)

The first, which is most important, is that Call of Duty no longer installs. It says insufficient space in my program files folder, but it has over 2.6TB free! I tried copying some files to the said program files folder and it worked fine once I enabled administrator permissions. I tried running the setup.exe file off the install disc as an administrator but that didn't work either.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it because my HDD only registered as 2TB before the format and now it's 3TB and this game just doesn't know what to do with it?

mardanlin

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Yes, I have made sure that it is selected to C:\Program Files(x86) which is the correct location, and no there is no option for custom install, it gives me this error immediately after entering my CD Key to activate it.