Integral graphics for edyting video?

Sep 11, 2018
Hello,
I plan to buy new computer for edyting video on YouTube in resolution full hd and 4k. My budget is 700$. If starters integrated gpu can handle it? In the future, buy gtx 1070.
the only thing I can buy now from gpu is gt 1030.

Intel i5 8400
16gb ram (2x8gb 15cl 2400Mhz)
MSI B360-A Pro
SSD 500gb
SilentiumPC Vero L2 600W power supply (SPC165)
Win 10
Cooling the CPU SilentiumPC Spartan 3 LT HE1012 (SPC145)

If it's a bad idea from igpu, please explain why.
What would you change in the set?

Solution
That would entirely depend on what software you are using to edit videos and what types of GPU acceleration they support. Your UHD Graphics 630 isn't bad at all and as far as decoding 4k H.265 and VP9 goes is fully equivalent to later Maxwell with "Feature Set F" VDPAU: GTX950 or GTX960.

For encoding and transcoding video, Intel's Quick Sync is no worse than nVidia's NVENC or AMD's VCE--all of them trade quality for speed. However your software must specifically support these or they will not work at all.

Adobe Premiere Pro for example also allows use of nVidia's CUDA to accelerate a very limited list of effects. If you don't use those then there is no benefit from a discrete GPU except it frees up some system RAM bandwidth--even...
That would entirely depend on what software you are using to edit videos and what types of GPU acceleration they support. Your UHD Graphics 630 isn't bad at all and as far as decoding 4k H.265 and VP9 goes is fully equivalent to later Maxwell with "Feature Set F" VDPAU: GTX950 or GTX960.

For encoding and transcoding video, Intel's Quick Sync is no worse than nVidia's NVENC or AMD's VCE--all of them trade quality for speed. However your software must specifically support these or they will not work at all.

Adobe Premiere Pro for example also allows use of nVidia's CUDA to accelerate a very limited list of effects. If you don't use those then there is no benefit from a discrete GPU except it frees up some system RAM bandwidth--even the IGP can offload decoding and encoding from the CPU.

Solution
The way I'd handle this is to build your computer. Then install whatever software you'll use and edit some videos. Just test videos, it doesn't have to be anything serious. Then evaluate the performance you're getting. Is it adequate? If not, what parts of the process are too slow? That will help determine what GPU would actually help you.