[SOLVED] Integrated card not appearing on display adapters?

deathrl

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
I recently plugged in a GTX 1060 into my computer and attempted to use two monitors, my main into my 1060 and my secondary into the other slot. The second display is not showing on the monitor and only my GTX is showing on the display adapter tab in devices. I have a suspicion that the bios is disabling it but I am unsure how to fix. My BIOS is Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Solution
Use a DVI to HDMI cable? Many boards disable the onboard video when a card is plugged in. You should be able to use the 1030, I'm not sure that doesn't work.

deathrl

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
Use a DVI to HDMI cable? Many boards disable the onboard video when a card is plugged in. You should be able to use the 1030, I'm not sure that doesn't work.
I very much so appreciate your time and answers, however, my question is how do I change the fact that my onboard gets disabled? Is it possible to enable it again? My previous computer allowed me to do so, hence my confusion.

4745454b

Titan
No way that I know of. Either the board allows it or doesn't. I'm not even sure how to tell which board is which. I know every board I've ever owned turns off the ports when a card is put in. But I also know I've read on this forum people who are still able to use them. I've always assumed they aren't lying.

deathrl

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
No way that I know of. Either the board allows it or doesn't. I'm not even sure how to tell which board is which. I know every board I've ever owned turns off the ports when a card is put in. But I also know I've read on this forum people who are still able to use them. I've always assumed they aren't lying.
hmmm, ok. thank you.