Integrated graphics

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Would a 3000 graphics like an a i5 2500k run games like minecraft or older games on steam like odd world. Also what are the limtations on the Grapics. I'm planning on getting a decimated one soon for my bday. Thanks

szplay

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
In my opinion you can play minecraft and older games (or even some new) with an integrated GPU.
My laptop with intel i3 2.1 GHz with HD3000 can run Trine 2 and tomb raider anniversary without any problem.

PC gaming has been around for so long that any system will be able to play games, it's just a question of how old you're willing to go. There are a limited number of new options for you also - your processor could run Modern Warfare 3 or World of Warcraft fine at 1080p!

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/trinity-gaming-performance,review-32533-5.html

As for other games released in the past 5 years of so, most (but not all) will require a little more muscle. Unreal Tournament 3 can also achieve very high framerates on modest hardware and it's a great-looking game.

There are some good threads on here listing some excellent older games that will play on more limited hardware (I'd highly recommend Red Faction Guerilla).

I'm also curious about the decimated one...

The HD 3000 is decent enough for non demanding games as long as your expectations are not very high.

On a whim I completed Mass Effect 3 on insanity mode on my laptop relying solely on the HD 3000 at 1366x768 resolution. Playable and enjoyable enjoyable enough with relatively low expectations. But naturally the game was "funner" when using my laptop's nVidia GT 550m.

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I meant dedicated my iPad has auto correct.