[SOLVED] Integrated network card broken, again??

letteralex

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi.

So i recently got a new pc and im getting the exact same problem as i had on the previous PC: The internet cuts out for a second or two up to hundred times per day, this is especially noticeable when gaming. I got an external network (tp-link tg-3468) card on the old pc (had an MSI z170a ) and that fixed the problem, so i was convinced the integrated one was broken. Now i got a whole new setup(MSI B550) and im having the same issue again, bought another external network card and everything works fine. Surely this can't be a concidence.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Some router(Asus RT-AC750)/network card setting? Why would the connection be stable on external one and cutting out on the motherboard one?

Solution
Earthing means in your home power connection earthing is working or not.
And your cpu cabinet screw gap for motherboard and cpu case is less so the lan pins are touching it may be. Try motherboard in open out of the case.
Have you tried linux if its giving same problem in it also.

letteralex

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hello,
May be driver problem try installing driver from motherboard website.
or may be earthing problem or
your cpu case backplate touching pins of lan.
Tried updating the ethernet drivers from manufacturer and from realteks site since mobo manufacturer sometimes a bit behind on those. Not sure what you mean by earthing problem and cpu doesnt have backplate, using the Ryzen 5 5600x default heatsink and the previous one was intel 6700k. This happened with different PC setups, using the same ethernet cable on both pcs, what bothers me the most is that its fine on the PCIe network card. I dont know what the fundamental difference is between integrated one and external PCIe one. It has to be related to some setting.

If the cable or the router was faulty the result would be same no matter the hardware i used, or is my logic flawed?

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Earthing means in your home power connection earthing is working or not.
And your cpu cabinet screw gap for motherboard and cpu case is less so the lan pins are touching it may be. Try motherboard in open out of the case.
Have you tried linux if its giving same problem in it also.

Solution