[SOLVED] Intel 10400f Part Number

tallemeister

Honorable
Jul 11, 2016
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a nice day.

So I ordered an i5 10400f CPU without the box. When I was checking the site I ordered there were 2 different 10400fs, with a price difference of 15euros. So I ordered cheaper one without thinking too much. They were both without box and obviously had exact specs because they're the same models right?
Guess not. I checked the site again and noticed they have different serial numbers; one with CM8070104290716 (cheaper one) and another one with CM8070104282719.

I'm actually not much worried about performance difference but how much difference there could be? Anything noticable?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I would expect different serial numbers between any two CPUs. Intel identifies those as equivalent.

CM80701042 are a complete match. The remaining numbers are likely a manufactured time and location, if not just an outright serialization.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would expect different serial numbers between any two CPUs. Intel identifies those as equivalent.

CM80701042 are a complete match. The remaining numbers are likely a manufactured time and location, if not just an outright serialization.

Solution