[SOLVED] Intel 3168 vs Intel 8265 wifi card. please help.

Mahbub1

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
i have a internet connection of 100mbps, now the 8265 card on 5g can take 867mbps, and 3168 on 5g can take 300 mbps, i wanna ask in my use case, which is a 100mbps internet, would the 8265 give any benefit over a 3168?

Solution
It tends to not be a simple question. As state above you can never go above your ISP speed so it depends on what your current card can get.

It is almost impossible to say how fast a wifi card will go since it is greatly affected by the house itself as well as all the neighbors wifi signals around you.

In general the faster card has more bandwidth so in the same conditions it should be faster. How must is impossible to say. It is attempting to transmit 2 overlapping signals and then recover these on the far end. It will not be even close to 2 times as fast because of the complexity of doing this.

Unless there is a huge cost difference I would go with the faster one. You stand a better chance of getting 100mbps when you are...
It tends to not be a simple question. As state above you can never go above your ISP speed so it depends on what your current card can get.

It is almost impossible to say how fast a wifi card will go since it is greatly affected by the house itself as well as all the neighbors wifi signals around you.

In general the faster card has more bandwidth so in the same conditions it should be faster. How must is impossible to say. It is attempting to transmit 2 overlapping signals and then recover these on the far end. It will not be even close to 2 times as fast because of the complexity of doing this.

Unless there is a huge cost difference I would go with the faster one. You stand a better chance of getting 100mbps when you are not sitting near the router.

Solution