Intel 34-nm SSDs Officially Launched, Cheaper

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
when comparing speed and performance... why compare these hy priced and 'advanced' SSDs to sata drives? why not to SAS drives of the 15k rpm variety?

Maybe because they use a SATA interface and they are not enterprise-class drives. SAS drives are primarily enterprise class. I'm not sure I'd want to put a SSD in my company's file server yet--at least not until they release one for the SAS bus. The fact that they haven't may indicate that they may not be reliable enough for servers.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
"PMFG! It's not 1$/gb" is getting silly. How many of the same people are going to spend 200+ on a new CPU, 200+ on a new motherboard, and 100+ on new RAM only to get a very minimal gain. 95% of people gain more from upgrading their mediocre HDD to an SSD.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
SSD is the way to go now...there i not question about it. It stinks they are still expensive...but people, go to school, get a really good job that pays/recession proof, buy a sweet system with the premium. Its a long process, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.