Intel 730 ssd vs samsung 850 evo

Usacomputer

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hello i was wondering which sad i should get for my up and coming gaming pc build, should i get the samsung 850 evo 250gb over the intel 730 250gb, keep in mind i will be putting my os onto the drive along with steam and a couple of my favorite games, (the rest of my games are going onto my wd caviar black 1tb but that is irrelevant to this thread)

Solution

Though it will cost more Samsung SSDs by far are the best in quality. They come with a 10-year warranty (fairly sure its 10) and are highly recommended if you are willing to spend the cash. They are fastest, too.

Though it will cost more Samsung SSDs by far are the best in quality. They come with a 10-year warranty (fairly sure its 10) and are highly recommended if you are willing to spend the cash. They are fastest, too.

Solution
Mar 6, 2015
Near same if not same performance. Intel 730 is said to have more performance CONSISTANCY, while 850 evo has an industry leading warranty and 3D-nand (not sure what boost that brings). Honestly, it comes down to if black or white better matches your system or whatever is cheaper.

Michael Trenton

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

If I remember correctly it's only the 850 PRO that comes with a 10 year warranty. The 850 EVO that OP mentions comes with a 5 year warranty. The EVO is still excellent though. I've had one 850 PRO and two 850 EVOs in my computer for about a year now and couldn't be happier with their performance so far. Can't speak for the Intel 730 though as I've never tested it.

I got one of each in my machine also.
2V9OAuV.jpg