Intel 8th/9th series or wait for Ryzen 3000

SotirMarius

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
Hello guys,

As specified in my previous threads I would like to switch to ddr4. I am no fan boy of intel or amd, I honestly want good performance.
The pc will be used for gaming. I am currently using a GTX 1070 G1 from Gigabyte which I will keep for at least this year(most probably will switch for a RTX 2070) but the 1070 is still good for 1080p. I am using a 144hz monitor with G-sync.
However I am thinking on purchasing a "future" proof cpu which will handle open world games for the next 3, 4 years.
Last november I was thinking to remain on intel as right now I am using a i5 4590 and purchase either i7 9700k or an i9 9900k because in my country is not a huge price difference ~90 euros.
However on the last Q note from AMD the ryzen 3000 series looked really promising and I was thinking to wait for it instead of purchasing the intel CPU. Also as intel announced they will not launch the 10nm CPU earlier than 2020.
What to do you think is it worth waiting for the Ryzen 3000 series? Or should I go for the intel CPU's?

Thank you for your great support guys!

SotirMarius

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014

Thanks for your answer!

I agree with you and I hope they will be over intel and the price will be lower than the current intel cpu's, that's the thing that I am looking for high performance in ST.
The preview presented by the AMD CEO was nice but let's take in account that is just a preview, a lot of things could have happened in the background. I think the best thing right now is to wait for the new ryzen cpu's as intel will most probably will launch the 10nm cpu's next year and most probably during summer/autumn.
However from what I have seen the 2000 Ryzen series is not that bad in gaming but the thing is that the single core performance and frequencies are not that high compared to intel, but maybe if the leaks are correct the new 3700x will reach 5ghz in turbo which will be ausome and more than enough.