[SOLVED] Intel 9560 160Ghz

spellman1989

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
Ok, so I have 4 Lenovo M920Q tiny PCs. They all have the intel 9560 dual-band wireless + Bluetooth card in them. Well, the problem I have is they will connect to an open security network with no problem. When I try to connect to a secured network they either won't connect or will connect to certain portions. I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel support website.

I have two routers on my network (2nd router disabled DHCP). Every other device in my home connects to any of the ssid's just fine with no problems. I have tried connecting them to the 2.4 ghz on each router and I always get "cant connect to this network" or "the network key isn't correct". I know the passwords are correct because they work on every other device. When I try to connect to the 5ghz part of the routers occasionally it will connect but when the computer is restarted or shut down it will boot up and say "can't connect to this network" or just says connecting and verifying until it comes back and says something has changed.

2 of them are running Win 10 2004 update and 2 are running Win 10 20H2 update. I reinstalled windows via USB. I downloaded the latest update at the time from the microsoft website.

Has anyone experienced this before? I want to sell them on Ebay but I don't want the customer to send them back because it can't connect to wifi. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TYIA

Solution
Ok, so I have 4 Lenovo M920Q tiny PCs. They all have the intel 9560 dual-band wireless + Bluetooth card in them. Well, the problem I have is they will connect to an open security network with no problem. When I try to connect to a secured network they either won't connect or will connect to certain portions. I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel support website.

I have two routers on my network (2nd router disabled DHCP). Every other device in my home connects to any of the ssid's just fine with no problems. I have tried connecting them to the 2.4 ghz on each router and I always get "cant connect to this network" or "the network key isn't correct". I know the passwords are correct because they work on every other...

kanewolf

Titan

I have two routers on my network (2nd router disabled DHCP). Every other device in my home connects to any of the ssid's just fine with no problems. I have tried connecting them to the 2.4 ghz on each router and I always get "cant connect to this network" or "the network key isn't correct". I know the passwords are correct because they work on every other device. When I try to connect to the 5ghz part of the routers occasionally it will connect but when the computer is restarted or shut down it will boot up and say "can't connect to this network" or just says connecting and verifying until it comes back and says something has changed.

2 of them are running Win 10 2004 update and 2 are running Win 10 20H2 update. I reinstalled windows via USB. I downloaded the latest update at the time from the microsoft website.

Has anyone experienced this before? I want to sell them on Ebay but I don't want the customer to send them back because it can't connect to wifi. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TYIA
Start at the routers. Manually set the 2.4 channel to 1, 6, or 11. Depending on your location, your router(s) could be choosing channel 13. That is not supported in all hardware. Set your channel width to 20Mhz -- or auto if 20Mhz is not an option. Set your encryption to WPA2 AES. Make sure your SSID is just letters and numbers. Same with your password. Password length is more important than strange characters. Ensure each WIFI source (the two routers) have unique SSIDs -- at least for testing purposes. You want to be able to MANUALLY choose between the two routers and 2.4 and 5Ghz. The only way to ensure you know what you are connecting to is to have unique SSIDs at all radios.
If none of these help with your 2.4Ghz connection, then temporarily try setting your 2.4Ghz to an open (no encryption) signal and see if you can connect.
You could also try a factory reset on both your routers and do minimal configs on each to help simplify your problem.

Solution