Intel Announces New SU2700 CPU, GS40 Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Since the next Atom will include a bunch of crap on Die, Nvidia should revamp the Ion for this processor, since the lack of processing power was the bottleneck with the Atom.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]LeJay[/nom]I like they estimate their 10 watt cpu can work for 7 hours with 57 watt hours.[/citation]

Lol, good catch!

Obviously they're assuming there's a lot of basic app usage involved where the thermal design drops below 10 watts.

zetone

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
@LeJay 10W is the maximum consumption @100% CPU load. Under normal conditions no one uses a netbook several hours with the CPU @100%. You do not buy a netbook to do h.264 encoding. It will take forever.

Therefore, under normal conditions, (with an average CPU load of 10%) this guy should not take more the 1-2W.

Alien_959

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Hmmm. 2 watts for the CPU, but what about LCD, hard drive,wireless, chipset, and other components surly equals to around 10-12 watts. 7 hours maybe at idle, with screen brightness at low doing nothing. Maybe :)

G

This is for people into 'Hyper-watting'. Like hyper-miling, they strive to see how long they can go on battery for. Both are merely for bragging rights. I mean, what sane person would turn their car OFF when they're going down a hill?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]andesssdh[/nom]I mean, what sane person would turn their car OFF when they're going down a hill?[/citation]
I take my car out of gear when going down hills. I don't really see how turning your car off would help, considering you'd have to expend energy to start it again.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I like low-power netbooks, but the sacrifice in performance is just too much for me.

Though it would be nice to say, have a satellite net connection via USB and a 500WHr backup UPS. Power goes out while you're in the middle on nowhere, and you still have net access for days. :)

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Since the next Atom will include a bunch of crap on Die, Nvidia should revamp the Ion for this processor, since the lack of processing power was the bottleneck with the Atom.[/citation]

not possible under current contracts and there's a huge dispute over this in courts as we speak. nvidia only has license to create chipsets for x86 where the memory controller is not integrated.

G

I don't get it, so is the SU2700 a tiny dual core, or is this a single core?

Status
Not open for further replies.