News Intel Based Hackboard 2 Priced To Compete With Raspberry Pi

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Hackboard 2 measure 4.7 x 3.1 inches (120 x 80 mm) and features an Intel Celeron N4020 dual-core CPU running at a base clock of 1.1 GHz, but with a boost upto 2.8 GHz. A heatsink is provided to cool the CPU. With 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 64GB of eMMC flash storage

using eMMS flash when they can easily use .UFS 3.0 or NVME is really cheap. and using intel Celeron for this is not a good idea ..

Some one over there should start using snapdragon 888 or loder 865+ chip and make the real thing and sell it for the same price ...

Istarion

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
using eMMS flash when they can easily use .UFS 3.0 or NVME is really cheap. and using intel Celeron for this is not a good idea ..

Some one over there should start using snapdragon 888 or loder 865+ chip and make the real thing and sell it for the same price ...

You're mixing things up. For starters, we are talking about a 100$ machine. This competes with raspberry pi, its a bit more expensive but has a more capable cpu & includes storage.
In regards to a snapdragon, youre are comparing one of the worst intel cpus vs one of the best ARM cpus... that snapdragon would cost so much more it would be competition for something else.
It also includes a NVME port, whereas the raspberry includes none...

I find this board quite interesting to be fair, I'd probably buy it before a raspberry 4 with 8gb of ram!

Reactions: panathas

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
You're mixing things up. For starters, we are talking about a 100$ machine. This competes with raspberry pi, its a bit more expensive but has a more capable cpu & includes storage.
In regards to a snapdragon, youre are comparing one of the worst intel cpus vs one of the best ARM cpus... that snapdragon would cost so much more it would be competition for something else.
It also includes a NVME port, whereas the raspberry includes none...

I find this board quite interesting to be fair, I'd probably buy it before a raspberry 4 with 8gb of ram!

Fair by me , but using emmc is really cheap , UFS 3.0 is around .. true Snapdragon would cost more , but we need that power in very small form factor and low watts ...

I checked the price of 2017 Nvidia shield which comes with full case , and TEGRA APU and controller , it is 170$ only ..

this board is expensive for what it gives.

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-Gaming-Streaming-GeForce/dp/B01N1NT9Y6?th=1

Also , Many android TV boxes are sold for 99$ and are much better than this board.

Last edited:

Istarion

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fair by me , but using emmc is really cheap , UFS 3.0 is around .. true Snapdragon would cost more , but we need that power in very small form factor and low watts ...

I checked the price of 2017 Nvidia shield which comes with full case , and TEGRA APU and controller , it is 170$ only ..

this board is expensive for what it gives.

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-Gaming-Streaming-GeForce/dp/B01N1NT9Y6?th=1

Also , Many android TV boxes are sold for 99$ and are much better than this board.

I really see no point in this discussion :)

Prices in my country:
Raspberry 4gb 70e
Raspberry 8gb 80e
Raspberry 8gb +case+memory 100e
Nvidia tegra x1 3gb 220e, lets say 200e
I expect this board to be around 100-120e, 4gb + heatsink + memory

Performance wise (unless you need more than 4gb of ram, only available to rpi 4):
this board > tegra > raspberry pi 4

But the tegra is almost twice the price, and doesnt have the same goal, it doesnt have gpio inputs for instace nor nvme slot :\
They are 2 completely different boards.

Imagine the price if you swap cpus with the snapgradon, which is a more powerful cpu than the one in the tegra; its going to be more expensive.

Reactions: panathas