Intel Begins External Hunt for Otellini Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

And thus the SkyNet i3 was made....: Socket "SkyNet KAH" (Kill All Humans), 2nm, 6.9GHz Stock (8.8GHz with "Turbo Boost 8.0"), TDP 360W, 64 Cores, 128 Threads.

f-14

Distinguished
the only exterior choices i could see would be first from some APU exec then somebody inhouse, then somebody from IBM or AMD then some Telecom or G.E.

but if they want to keep and maximize the outrageous price extortion they should hire any of the jerks at apple.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
You know, have to give props to Intel for making it's leadership from those who actually worked in the company.

As I've said before, it seems like too many times there is a royalty about executives who seem to jump from company board to company board every few years. Of course getting millions in severance pay no matter their performance.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kitsunestarwind[/nom]Surely intel has some in house talent[/citation]When you're doing as well as Intel is, you need to change direction for no reason. Hire some dumb a-hole, and have him fill the company with morons with bad ideas. It's business, you wouldn't understand.

(Yes, I also think the practice of many businesses hiring outside when suitable loyal candidates are available in-house is pretty annoying)

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

7374348b48a2b9b7698ae3285774a242.jpg

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I should submit my resume to. Its the people they least suspect that would make the biggest difference in the world...... don't bring in another career ceo that does the same stuff a different way. Things need to be done a different way to fix the problem.

G

How about someone who can write good graphics drivers, someone who can make the laptop OEMs keep their customizied Intel HD graphcs drivers updated! My Toshiba, 3 years old, never had a Intel HD graphics driver update. my Samsung, 7 Mo old, no Intel Hd graphics driver update! My ASUS laptop, just got a new HD graphics driver update on the 13th through windows update, Tank You ASUS. What is the problem with not being able to tell if the laptop you are looking to buy has Genaric Intel HD graphics Drivers or Not, should Intel be required to place a sticker somewhere on the laptop that says Genaric Intel HD graphics driver software installed, beacuse the software at the Intel HD graphics diiver update website needs administrator permission to do so, not very likely that the sales person is going to allow this at the local Best Buy! I have 2, 3d graphics programs, that have never worked properly on the Toshiba, dew to lack of Intel HD graphics driver updates, Thankfully the Samsung was a more recent purchase, and the drivers do work with my software, FOR NOW, but Samsung is like Toshiba, crappy OEM system software, and no HD graphics driver updates. My Asus laptop is the only computer that get updates, and it has Genaric Intel HD graphics driver software!

Status
Not open for further replies.