Intel 'Bloomfield' CPU Pricing Reveals Pleasant Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
haha, a little hard to get excited over a $999 processor.

If they said the Q6600 is going to by $100 i would be impressed and everyone and there dog would have a minimum Q6600

G

still... that means yields are good (at least it should)

so hopefully the non-extreme ones will be priced lower... like 4 - 6 hundred for the 2.93 ghz one... and 3- 5 hundred for the 2.66 ghz one... those are the hoped for ranges

even lower if possible... but I doubt it

kman7607

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]haha, a little hard to get excited over a $999 processor.If they said the Q6600 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2 is going to by $100 i would be impressed and everyone and there dog would have a minimum Q6600[/citation]

I really hope your right. I wonder if a price drop in the q6600 will coincide with the release of Bloomfield. I wonder how this is going to effect the "little guy". Let's hope it all plays out in our favor none the less.

[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]haha, a little hard to get excited over a $999 processor.If they said the Q6600 is going to by $100 i would be impressed and everyone and there dog would have a minimum Q6600[/citation]
With how aggressively Intel has been phasing out 65nm I would be surprised if the Q6600 stuck around. Nor any other Kentsfield CPU

[citation][nom]kman7607[/nom]I really hope your right. I wonder if a price drop in the q6600 will coincide with the release of Bloomfield. I wonder how this is going to effect the "little guy". Let's hope it all plays out in our favor none the less.[/citation]
Oh prices will probably just keep getting cheaper. Then the day AMD goes out of business Intel CPU's will inexplicably cost 30,000% more.

Bleaktrotter

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Smaller process = cheaper manufacturing. Intel makes more now than ever. These prices are still ridiculous.[/citation]False. Smaller process = more expensive manufacturing.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Bleaktrotter[/nom]False. Smaller process = more expensive manufacturing.[/citation]

The research into smaller circuitry and the facilities/machines used are expensive, but it is MUCH cheaper overall in terms of resources. The disks they print the CPUs on are VERY VERY expensive. Intel is banking right now and rightly so, they have a good product.

kman7607

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Niva[/nom]The research into smaller circuitry and the facilities/machines used are expensive, but it is MUCH cheaper overall in terms of resources. The disks they print the CPUs on are VERY VERY expensive. Intel is banking right now and rightly so, they have a good product.[/citation]

Only time and Benchmarks will tell :) But let's hope you are right!

G

Just like Coca Cola.....now we have Intel Extreme Classic Edition (if even for just the fact they raised prices and then dropped them back down to the exact SAME PRICE as they always have been) Doesn't matter to most of us anyway....if you have $999 to spend on a cpu, you more then likely have $1499 to spend on a cpu as well. Whats the difference to the rich......they wipe their ass with silk.

On a side note I hope AMD gets tested for being retarded and does something about it...Last i read their 16 core Barcelona couldn't hold a candle to intel's skulltrail dual 4 core rig and thats being considerate at best (knowing how much greater performance is seen 6 months to a year after new processor designs are released)

a) fusion is gonna suck as intel is already incorporating GPGPU technology into certain Nehalem chips (just to spite AMD it seems as not all Nehalems will have this incorporated)

b) Nehalem sounds cooler then fusion

c) If you want to be cool you will buy the cooler sounding thing

d) AMD is stupid right now. Just plain dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.