Intel CEO: Things Need to Change in the U.S.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Ok the government will have to create a board to oversee this issue. 150 people @ $75k a year... no problem we will just increase taxes again. And hire another 1000 people to the IRS to increase collection. Oh while spending $300 on a tool that you can buy @ Menards for $45. ...Miliatry... (Its made in China by the way). Oh and this building that will cost only $20 million to remodel vs $65 million to rebuild same type/size structure just updated, no problem. But this building needs a comitie to oversee it too, so another 30 people @ $70k a year for 5 years. Mean while the building is complete in the 3rd...

Yep we have a nice streamline government. Always looking to the benifit of themselves.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]ThE_BrutE[/nom]Ok the government will have to create a board to oversee this issue. 150 people @ $75k a year... no problem we will just increase taxes again. And hire another 1000 people to the IRS to increase collection. Oh while spending $300 on a tool that you can buy @ Menards for $45. ...Miliatry... (Its made in China by the way). Oh and this building that will cost only $20 million to remodel vs $65 million to rebuild same type/size structure just updated, no problem. But this building needs a comitie to oversee it too, so another 30 people @ $70k a year for 5 years. Mean while the building is complete in the 3rd... Yep we have a nice streamline government. Always looking to the benifit of themselves.[/citation]

All you've done is pulled crap out of your a**. You've made up straw man committees and fictional salaries and then declared that it's a bad thing. Well, duh. Of course it's bad. That's why you made it up.

Can you even begin to see why your screed is not a persuasive argument. Hell, can you see why it's not an argument at all?

And learn to spell benefit.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Enkidu98[/nom]Dammit - I fail my own test. Was the First Amendment intended to apply to even radical or extremist fringe groups?That was intended to be NOT intended to apply.....[/citation]
Thats not the only thing you f'ed up... Just because I (rightly) know Judaism is the oldest of the religions you mentioned; how to find Iraq and Afghanistan; and know (have personally seen) what continent the Amazon resides on... means you are too good to talk to me? Fine, keep your ******* elitism.

Neeseius

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
thank god a large coporation CEO has finally just come out and slapped the government across the face. I'm glad intel broke the silence and exposed the problem himself. The US is becoming a giant port that only imports. If the world decided to boycott the US we'd have no products!

xythrax4420

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
they won't stop until your children are making nikes in ohio for 2 bucks an hour the federal government is the greatest enemy of our country and the only domestic terrorists that are still allowed to fly on planes. Through free trade agreements put through in the last 10-15 years they have made it impossible for businesses to compete in the united states. How can a company paying people 25 /hr plus benefits not even including corporate taxes going to compete with child slave labor in china and other parts of the world. I'm moving to china where all of our money has been sent. Here in NY we have a rediculous welfare state, a great deal of the taxes i pay every week are given to someone who does not work, where do those people spend their money? walmart, where does walmart spend its money? china. So since i speak chinese I will probably end up having to move there just to make a decent living so much for the american dream which was bullshit to begin with anyways. Chase federal politicians out of this country or send your kids to work for nike because that is their future.

G

Right, corporate drone Otellini, who has never created a job in his life, knows all about job creation and innovation. And he's a expert economist to boot. Baloney.

Intel has a virtual monopoly and they are minting money. Their proximity to Silicon Valley customers plus the protection of the world's most powerful military and a nation that many of the world's best and brightest are critical to their success.

Go ahead and build your highly automated factories elsewhere Mr. Otellini. America was great before Intel showed up and we'll be great long after you are just another formerly great corporation. If you don't like paying for the environmental protection and government services - including the world's most powerful military - that make America a great place to live, then leave. You need America more than America needs you and losers like Fiorina.

KADC

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, return taxes to pre-Reagan rates when the rich were taxed 90% (really - that still leaves them with millions so don't feel sorry for them, plus it encourages charitable donations to cut their taxes which is a win-win-win) and remove taxing corporations entirely. That will promote investment and return the burden of national debt to those who can most afford it.

Enkidu98

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
You have to go a few decades prior to Reagan to find a 90% tax rate.

JFK lowered the rates from 91% down to 65%. It is likely a large part of the reason he was still regarded so fondly by media and money despite not really achieving anything as a President.

Status
Not open for further replies.