Intel Core i3 530 Appears in Online Store Listing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]And now, some random and anonymous person uploaded the screenshot to imageshack! Woe onto us!http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4 [...] 912092.pngSue me, bitches.[/citation]

dont worry anon will take care of this with triforce!!!!

▲
▲ ▲

G

Copyright of all documents and scripts belonging to this site by TG Publishing 1996 - 2006.
Most of the information contained on this site is copyrighted material. It is illegal to copy or redistribute this information in any way without the expressed written consent of TG Publishing AG.

This site is NOT responsible for any damage that the information on this site may cause to your system.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]And now, some random and anonymous person uploaded the screenshot to imageshack! Woe onto us!http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4 [...] 912092.pngSue me, bitches[/citation]They will not sue you just send the notice to imageshack. I say host it on some random webhosting in a country which does not shit its pants when you say DCMA. :)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Wow... they screwed up badly, but they try such brute and dishonest means to try to make it appear as it never happened? Must have really pissed Intel off.

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
That is kinda ridiculous. This is 100% fair use. Excoriate A-Power, Boycott, gogo? Not that boycotts ever do anything (like petitions), but it's the principal, right? I mean...it worked for Modern Warfare 2 >.>

Anyway, A-power is silly. And 144 isn't a bad deal assuming the motherboard is cheap. I mean, it'd better be, without needing the extra chips and circuitry to run video anymore.

And the .99 isn't a "Ruse" or anything. It is a legitimate marketting technique. When you put 149.99, people don't see 150, they see 149. No one is trying to "Fool" anyone into thinking that 149.99 is 150, they're trying to make your brain process the price as if it were 149. Given it's a little back-handed, but it works hardcore. I go to the store and my girlfriend sees food for 2.99, she says "it's two bucks." and I say "And 99 cents..." and she goes "Oh right, 3 bucks..."

It's legitimate, albeit psychologically misleading, marketting.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
WHy replace a core2duo with this.... useless.... if i were replacing a pentium id rather get a quad already but I guess this sku is for late comers or ppl who dont really use computers all that much or just for word and online apps. For that we have atom desktops, I guess intel is trying to milk the core i brand............

Status
Not open for further replies.