Intel Core i3, i5 Arrandale and Clarkdale in Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
i'm kind of outta the "news" as far as this CPU goes, but what can it's on-board GPU be comparable to? for example: nvidia 9800GT? 8800? or is it not even meant to be that beefy of a GPU?

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]TidalWaveOne[/nom]It was... it's not Larrabee.[/citation]
I don't remember Intel saying it was permanently dropped.

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]LeJay[/nom]I don't remember Intel saying it was permanently dropped.[/citation]
No, but "Delayed Indefinitely" might as well be the same thing as far as most of us are concerned.

G

"i'm kind of outta the "news" as far as this CPU goes, but what can it's on-board GPU be comparable to? for example: nvidia 9800GT? 8800? or is it not even meant to be that beefy of a GPU?"

Think more like a nvidia 4200..... MAYBE a 6200.

[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]i'm kind of outta the "news" as far as this CPU goes, but what can it's on-board GPU be comparable to? for example: nvidia 9800GT? 8800? or is it not even meant to be that beefy of a GPU?[/citation]
Think 2x an older Intel IGP. In other words, not terrible for an IGP, but miserable for any serious use.

riversdirect

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
"On-chip" sounds miss leading. Usually people say a "chip" is a piece of silicon. The picture is obviously not one die. All they did is move the video card closer to the processor. Technically this is not on-chip graphics, its in package graphics.

G

zipzoomflyhigh got it right, this is to AMD's Fusion what Intel's hyperthreading was to AMD's dual-core. All gimmick, no substance.

rjkucia

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]i'm kind of outta the "news" as far as this CPU goes, but what can it's on-board GPU be comparable to? for example: nvidia 9800GT? 8800? or is it not even meant to be that beefy of a GPU?[/citation]

Try closer Nvidia Geforce 4.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Comparison to the ION?

This will be slightly superior to AMD's "Llano" on the CPU side, yet vastly inferior on the GPU side.

Since Llano has already taped out, I think you may be able to find Llano systems very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.