News Intel Core i5-10500T and Core i7-10700T Leaked With 92W and 123W Peak Power Consumption

everettfsargent

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
So, you know, I've never been in the loop, so to speak.

But with these so-called low power CPU's, that never seem to have the necessary heat sinks, for 247 operations, at their highest spec'ed turbo frequency, will someone please write reviews stating such?

I really don't care if they have a 666THz turbo bin as it will only do that frequency for like 666 nanoseconds!

Heck, 92W and 123W are, as the headline states, are peak, as in almost instantaneous.

I am of a mind that these low power processors can't even run above their intended base states for 247 operations (e. g. code that occupies all cores/threads at 100% utilization).

InvalidError

Titan
So much for the 'T' models being low-power. Who actually buys these things? Looks like Intel is on a quest to find out the absolute limits of what it can get away with on Comet Lake. Get every penny it can before Zen 3 comes out and likely annihilates anything Intel can currently do on 10-14nm.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Who actually buys these things?

Well, this guy:
3vZaAbst7ZFD6lX5AHuUvauQryHOXoWGm7Ptisywth10lqgcqHU361LAD1sra5iZvd8esQ

Which makes me sound repetitive, but honestly, Intel's bringing this kind of parody on themselves.

TRENDING THREADS