Intel Core i7-4770K Surfaces on Two Dutch Webstores

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I have to agree with most of the comments. Sure, it may be unnecessary for users with Sandy or Ivy to upgrade because the slight performance gain isn't worth the dollar amount + the loss you're at for your current setup. But for those who buy laptops and don't care too, too much about what processor they're getting but are more focused on battery life, this is good news for them.

Not to mention with a lot of laptops coming with touch screens, saving battery life is a HUGE bonus. It may not be much, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Couple this with an SSD and you're talking about noticeably longer battery life.

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]intel made a big shot on the foot with 4770k... who will pay 350 bucks and another 200 bucks for 5% gain... we already have pci 3.0 usb 3.0 and thunderbolt on some mother boards...we really dont need that cpu for that price.[/citation]

At current exchange rate € 350 = $453.63 (USD) and € 225 = $291.25 (USD). I highly doubt that those CPUs will retail at the US market at those prices, they'll most likely be adjusted accordingly.

blacksummit92

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I am actually looking forward to Hawell Mobile line of chips, excited to see the graphics and battery improvements that i have been hearing this chip will bring. One of the reasons i am waiting out from purchasing a new laptop/tablet!

Status
Not open for further replies.