Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Review

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Seriously the non US residents that keep bitching for 2 comment pages with every single contest need to STFU. If you don't like how we (Americans) run the show then toddle off and make your own website where you can be as exclusionary with your giveaways towards Americans as you please.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
And Toms is exclusively run by individuals based on the North American continent, is it?

The fact is, these articles are posted on all the other mirrors with the contests intact. The fact that people air their frustration here is because they're very unlikely to be heard on the comments pages of the mirrored articles. Toms is an international site with non-international contests for the most part.

I understand Chris' explanation of the issue, but I also understand the frustration over not being able to enter a competition for a $1,000 CPU.

I'd like to see some retesting done with the 1100T using 4 cores, seeing as though F1 2010 hates it in 6-core mode. This may also be worth doing with the 980 and 990 as they also don't operate with a power-of-2 setup. It does open up a can of worms with triple core CPUs as well, though despite the issue popping up in the voltage tweaking articles a few months back, I don't expect any further look at that phenomenom.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have a problem with the Metro 2033 part.

because the amd preformed with in 5fps (max frames) however its low however the low end it almost doubles the fps there.

in a fps, you are looking for 30fps to be playable, amd was always higher than the rest of them on the minimum frame rate, and so long as there wasn't anything horrendous at the top end (it was always within 7% difference) amd should have been the top pick for that game.

i dont know if this was mentioned before, but i thought i should point it out.

njoy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I really hate that you have to be a US resident to participate... Winning such a cpu would help me so much doing all the renders for my final uni project. Unfair...

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Interesting, I was just wondering why my new i7-2600 cpu was being sold as a cheap gaming system by IBuyPower and CyberPower but now I can see it is fine compared to the i7-9xx series CPUs...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i'll hapily throw a 980x or 990x in my machine on a DX58SO2 Motherboard ... if i win one... bti out of budget otherwise :D would be nice for photoshop/premiere and CAD

G

buy yourselves an oz of gold hold it for a year and sell
double your moneys and go buy some chips

G

I did not feel like being jerk by winning all the prizes because I was the only one who knew how to enter. So, I will be a jerk and show yall how to enter.

Click on the link that says "so hit up this link to get started" It is below the prizes. Then read the review or for lazy people just go to conclusion and click on the link that says " click here for entry sheet"
March 10th is the deadline.

zlad

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
If I'll get this I won't have to upgrade for lets say 4-5 years!
Also if I win I'll probably be the first foreigner to win something from Tom's.
I've been reading articles on this site from 2009... Although I rarely log in, I have some posts on the forum section.

I'll be forever grateful!

Posting naked pics of your sis and/or gf might help your chances. :)

JeebusSK

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Guys, relax... the reason why somep places cannot aprticipate in this and MANY other contests and giveaways is due to your local laws. Take Rhode island for instance, you usually see the resident there ALWAYS wxcluded from things like this. This is because state statute says the establishment must file papers for it to be legal... AND it must be done in a certain way otherwise it's a criminal misdemeanor. The filing fee alone is $150 PLUS the cost of someone looking it up and filing it correctly. Many businesses do not like to jump through hoops and just do not entry to those hard-to-deal-with area. This is also the reason why people outside the US cannot enter... international laws on legality of such contest, taxes, and also if the product doesnt get delivered for any such reason... which country's judicial system has jurisdiction to carry out a legal case?

Chew on that for a while and let it soak in.

G

Very good, I am far from China, and I saw the best cpu in the world, I am really satisfied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS