[SOLVED] Intel Core i9-9900KF 100 C Degrees Without Using (In 1-5 minutes)

Nov 30, 2021
Hello everyone. Firstly I want to apologize for my english because I am from Russia and I studied it only at school for few years, but i'll try to do my best

I bought my PC for about 1,5 years ago. I was not building PC by myself, we have huge company that can help with that, so my part was only in deciding which PC and which components I will use

Everything was good with my PC until today. Suddenly I heard that my coolers started working much louder. Usually they are very quiet, and I can hear them only when I playing games

So I decided to check the temperature of my full PC. Everything great and keep normal temperature, but not my CPU. My CPU was 100 C

The problem is I don't even played games this day. I don't even used my PC, it was just turned on. I was testing my PC for about 1 year ago and my CPU temperature was 45-50 Degrees after 1 hour of playing GTA 5

And today, if I will turn on my PC and keep it working (no games, no programs) for 5-10 minutes, it's turning from 50 to 100 degrees, and the coolers starting working louder and louder

I'm sure that i have no miners or something like that, my CPU is not even using for 10%. And I understand that coolers working louder because they trying to help situation with temperature. I would be so happy if someone can suggest me what to do and explain what caused this problem

My PC:

Graphic Card - MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900KF
Motherboard - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
WaterCooling - HyperPC WaterCooling 360 RGB

If you need some more information just let me know :) Hello from Russia!

Solution
Quality pretty much scales with cost for AIO. All copper/brass radiator models being the most expensive. NZXT, Enermax, Corsair all have high end models. And really there are only a few manufacturers. Asetek, Cool-It, CoolLabs, and a few I am sure I am forgetting. Most are just rebrands of these with different fans.

Depends what is available to you.
Nov 30, 2021
CPU cooler pump may have stopped working. Is it reporting any RPM on the pump?

Hey, thank you for the feedback

I don't know if I checked it properly, but I can give you this information. One of my friends told me that the problem is really pump. Also, while my PC is turning on I can hear strange short sounds, like little cracklings, first 5 minutes

Because it's on Russian, i'll tried to translate it for you. You can also see on the top of this image that CPU's are about 100 degrees :(

Imgur - View: https://imgur.com/kevIEaR

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly seems like a broken pump, and the sounds might be a failed bearing or the pump's blades have broken (due to the bearing letting it rattle around in there) In most AIO the bearing is essentially a contoured surface and the pressure generated by the pump forces fluid in to keep the surfaces from touching during operation. If either pumping action or bearing surfaces stop working right it can lead to problems. And with no pressure being generated, water can't be moved.

Nov 30, 2021
Certainly seems like a broken pump, and the sounds might be a failed bearing or the pump's blades have broken (due to the bearing letting it rattle around in there) In most AIO the bearing is essentially a contoured surface and the pressure generated by the pump forces fluid in to keep the surfaces from touching during operation. If either pumping action or bearing surfaces stop working right it can lead to problems. And with no pressure being generated, water can't be moved.

Now I understand what you talking about. That makes sense. I think I will try to fully replace my WaterCooling. But the question is which one WaterCooling system would work best for me? Because as far as I understand they are very different. Want choose the good one despite of the cost. Would be thanksfull for any suggestion, and then I will replay if replacement really helped

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Quality pretty much scales with cost for AIO. All copper/brass radiator models being the most expensive. NZXT, Enermax, Corsair all have high end models. And really there are only a few manufacturers. Asetek, Cool-It, CoolLabs, and a few I am sure I am forgetting. Most are just rebrands of these with different fans.

Solution
Nov 30, 2021

Thanks, I just bought Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT

Seems like it's not the worst choice, at least I hope so :)

Tomorrow i'll replace my old one with Corsair and hit right back. Thank you again, Eximo!

Nov 30, 2021

Hello!

So as I said before I bought Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT, called a person that can build PCs and asked him to re-intall my WaterCooling. After that, problem with high degrees had solved. Now it's even hard for me to get more than 50 Degrees. I think the problem was really in Pump like you said. Thank you for your time and the only one reply in my topic

Honestly, I am not a huge fan and most active user of forums like that, but I really appreciate guys like you who can share there time with strangers just to help them to solve there problems. That's seems like an easy thing but absolutely not. That's crazy

Maybe one day our topic will help one of them strangers like me. And maybe I can help you a little bit by giving few dollars. Just give me your PayPal. And maybe next day my PC will blow up and the next topic that I will create is "How to stop the fire from PC". Who knows! Bye, Eximo