Question Intel CPU crashing, Am I at the risk?

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys hope you are all well,

As you've seen over the past few days regarding the Intel CPU crashing.
I bought Intel I7 13700k last year and haven't faced any sort of issue regarding it.

But due to the recent developments do you think I should try to cash on my CPU and buy AMD?

Or I should be fine with it?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
If you're fine, leave it be but I would advise you take steps that were stated on the videos you're looing at which is implementing a BIOS flash with the latest version, then to clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed successfully.

To add, you should be expecting another BIOS update around August.

IMHO, you shouldn't dump your processor onto another unsuspecting customer/user. Instead, maybe reach out to Intel and see if they will RMA the processor...if you're experiencing any issues with your processor.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
If you're fine, leave it be but I would advise you take steps that were stated on the videos you're looing at which is implementing a BIOS flash with the latest version, then to clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed successfully.

To add, you should be expecting another BIOS update around August.

IMHO, you shouldn't dump your processor onto another unsuspecting customer/user. Instead, maybe reach out to Intel and see if they will RMA the processor...if you're experiencing any issues with your processor.
Haven't faced any issues regarding it as of yet
So should I wait till August for the new BIOS update and then see if everything is fine?
personally I'm quite happy with this processor and never used AMD processor before so as you said I'm a bit reluctant as well to jump on the AMD