[SOLVED] Intel CPU test for windows 7

adyyy7

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
Hello!
I saw that intel cpu tests can detect a broken or bent pin at cpu.
But i can't find a intel cpu test windows 7 compatible.
Any ideea?
Thank you!

Solution
The issue is.. weird restarts...is because of CPU or MB....must one of these because i changed the rest... more or less...
"weird restarts" can be anything.
RAM, software, faulty drive.....
I would put the CPU at the very bottom of a fault list, motherboard not much higher

Lutfij

Titan
I saw that intel cpu tests can detect a broken or bent pin at cpu.
This is the first time I'm reading this. In fact, you're advised to inspect the CPU socket for bent or broken pins. Funny thing is that bent or broken pins are one of the main causes of POST issues or no boot issues.

You referring to this:
?

Reactions: adyyy7

USAFRet

Titan
NOTE: This is for the Win 8 and above version.

"The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor. "

NOT for bent or broken pins.

A bent/broken pin on the motherboard, or missing pad on the CPU, can lead to all sorts of weirdness.
From not booting at all, to random memory effects, to nothing at all.

In searching, I found a couple that were supposedly for Win 7.
But from VERY dubious sources, which is why I'm not linking them here.

adyyy7

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
Do u think is possible to have a bent or broken pin if the processor have never been taken out of his socket? can be just from high temperature?or other reason?

adyyy7

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
I changed the source with a top one , i tested memories and HDD and looks 100% fine . Also the mainboard looks like new with nothing visible ...no inflated capacitor or so...
Hope is not against laws here but i will ask u what i asked on other topic few min ago - I added a network board to my motherboard yesterday and my speakers started to sound fizzley....today my speakers make only a fizzke noise and no sound....feels like the sound board (which is incorporated on mainboard) was burned or so....any ideea what hapened?

adyyy7

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
i changed only the source with a new one . but other parts are tested with softwares and looks fine .
Did u read the part with network board too? what do u think?

You need to be more explicit if you want a good answer.
Exactly what were the make/model of the motherboards, before and after.
What worked, and how was it changed.
Did you ever remove the cpu from a socket and replace it?
It can be a tricky business and can likely cause damage if you needed to wiggle the cpu to settle it in the socket.
This is a simple hardware issue and I really doubt that any software, win 7 or any other will be able to properly detect a bent pin.

A bent pin can control a part of the cpu that you never use.
Commonly it impacts ram and dual channel operation.