Intel Demonstrates "Letexo" Sliding Ultrabook in Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The white notebook with the screen on the bottom wouldn't look right, plus the bottom would get dirty and scratched up.

The slider looks neat. Like the ASUS Slider, but with Windows OS.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Reliability of the connectors is always a problem with this kind of design.

It's interesting to know how they will perform a repetitive test with it.

Unlike the clamp shell laptops, which are just open-close process.

aveyoon

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Good article

kv.gif

G

How do OEM's of ultrabooks expect to compete without having thunderbolt ports on their laptops, I will be looking for a laptop, ultrabook or larger and if that laptop does not have a Thunderbolt port ( full 4 lane thunderbolt controller, Not a 2 lane thunderbolt controller), I will not buy the laptop! I expect the graphics card OEM's and the aftermarket to begin bilding professional level graphics processing hardware to plug into my laptop and allow me to complete my rendering without having to purcahse a mac pro! I would really like to see intel make thunderbolt controllers with 8 lanes, but a laptop with two 4 lane thunderbolt ports would do just fine! The days of the 2 inch thick portable workstation should be nearly over, if a laptop OEMs would build a laptop with two 4 lane thunderbolt ports!

ymeng85

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
The speaker you are referring to is Sean Maloney who suffered a stroke in 2010. It's amazing already that he can speak the way he speaks now.

G

NeedItBad - So true! I did hear that some ultrabooks would come with Thunderbolt so we'll see. I agree that ThunderBolt is the game changer for this format. By the way, Letexo is awesome! I really like the design. A tablet that actually has some performance to it. Wow!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm not a fan of the sliding design, but I'll take it if the specs are right and there's a good active digitizer for drawing on the screen.

Where is AMD? What is their vision for Windows 8 tablet computing? Somebody go wake them up. They fell asleep at the wheel again.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i would like to see an ultra-book with the looks and performance of Apple's mackbookpro line...something more like their 15 and 17 inch laptops

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]I'm not a fan of the sliding design, but I'll take it if the specs are right and there's a good active digitizer for drawing on the screen.Where is AMD? What is their vision for Windows 8 tablet computing? Somebody go wake them up. They fell asleep at the wheel again.[/citation]
Nah keep them in a dark room with bulldozer, they need to finish they're work on that so they can give intel some competition on a field outside of integrated graphics

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
That's pretty sweet looking. I wouldn't mind one of these as long as it didn't have an Atom processor. I know the article says it's based on Ivy bridge, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try and stick and Atom in it. Now if there was an AMD Ultrathin version of this, that would be nice.

G

[citation][nom]el33t[/nom]".........This hybris Ultrabook ......"Hybrid[/citation]
Hubris :p

markdj

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
if this has a good ivy bridge processor I'd be all over this, it looks awesome. I'd sell my transformer prime real fast for that. It truly does combine best of both worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.