Intel Designs a Phone Based on Atom

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Interesting... I believe that Intel could have some serious potential with cellphones and could become a major player. If they could strike a deal with Microsoft and get Windows Mobile on their phones and try to pack as much hardware power as possible into their phones I can see them getting major popularity and fast.

In fact if Intel and Microsoft team up maybe they could make something to compete with the Iphone.

G

There is very little new here, my cell phone does pretty much all this thing does, yet I can have my cell ANYWHERE, not just stuck at home.

The "home phone" is a thing of the past, most of my friends don't even have a home phone, of those that do it's VOIP.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
im assuming its going to have built-in bluetooth compatibility, otherwise lcd-cleaning-wipe companies are going to get very rich on the greasy cheek marks on the screen. not that thats a bad thing..

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]SamanuelMC[/nom]*drool* Atom based cellphone using Nvidia ION architecture running Andriod *drool*[/citation]
that's great! *drool*

but really, the life of the future generations could be like starwars, or matrix or something fancy! :D I like to see my friends talking with me in the big screen while he's putting his finger in his nose or ...! don't get me wrong! :D

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Dimensions • 5.4 inch x 9.6 inch (137.3 mm x 243.7 mm)?

I thought the brick phone was dead! LOL - that's HUGE for a phone. . . Definitely not something to stick in one's pocket or even hang off your belt in a pouch. . . that's closer to Netbook size. . .

well they sure cant call it an iPhone....

Wonder if it makes that Intel Inside sound when it starts.... or has those blue men as a ring tone when you get called or recieve a message.

All i want really is a phone that can run my desktop apps etc and usefull REAL stuff, not something from an appstore thats locked down and limited.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
me too, i thought the article meant cellphone. an x86 phone can do anything with the least cost.

regarding article, why not just make a homephone based from the PC atom platform then install VOIP software to it. i mean, the box consumes little power and doesn't need a fan so it can run 24 hours a day.

[citation][nom]SamanuelMC[/nom]*drool* Atom based cellphone using Nvidia ION architecture running Andriod *drool*[/citation]

G

I'm still happiest with an old cellphone that only has 3 functions:
To call
text messaging
An alarm clock.

All the rest I don't need, and am not particularly willing to switch for a heavier, more costly, device.

Status
Not open for further replies.