News Intel DG1 GPU Teardown, Failed Benchmarks, and Why It Won't Work on Most Motherboards

Gomez Addams

Prominent
Mar 4, 2020
To call this a kludged up hack is being charitable. I can't think of a single redeeming feature this thing has. Low power almost qualifies but the price for that is too high to justify in my opinion. I would rather have an IGP than a machine that uses this.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
But can it run Crysis? I'm guessing not.

I've seen benchmark of a Tiger Lake laptop getting 70+ FPS in Crysis. With more memory bandwidth, the discrete part should do better. Decent enough performance for a card at the absolute bottom tier. Once Intel co-promotional bucks are taken into consideration, it might cost an OEM ten bucks.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
all that noise about intel GPU those last years. for this.
where are all the people on this forum advocating intel as the new competitor of NVidia and AMD ?

they only want the bottom of the market, wich they already have with their iGPUs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bamda
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xe
The Xe GPU family consists of a series of architectures, ranging from integrated/low power (Xe-LP),[2] to enthusiast/high performance gaming (Xe-HPG), datacenter/high performance (Xe-HP) and high performance computing (Xe-HPC).[3][4]
These are DG1=LP and at that they are OEM parts that might be weaker than consumer parts.
Wait for a full range of (at least consumer) products before judging.

TRENDING THREADS