Intel DG41TY not supporting Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Nov 6, 2018
Hello Everyone..!!!
I am using a PC with Intel DG41TY motherboard and Intel E4500 CPU....If i try to upgrade to any higher CPU like E6600, E7500, E8400 the PC doesn't boots...(all CPU's tested and working) I have a latest BIOS update done from Intel website..
The difference i noticed is
1) DG41TY is 800 FSB whereas CPU's i am trying to upgrade is higher.
2) Above CPU's arn 45 nm whereas the one currently working is 65 nm.

Does this matter?

Please help...

Nov 6, 2018
Thank you Robert Ban...

I already did BIOS update from above link. Only after because the motherboard is not supporting CPU's mentioned above, I created Post.

Any other solution Sir...Related to FSB or Microcode or CPU nm..

It should work, I've used Q6600 on unsupported motherboard and still would work, cause chipset of motherboard should do the "Magic".
For instance if you use 800MHz FSB and your ram is 800MHz for instance 2 channels, it will run 400:2,
For 1066 it will run some weird number like (im guessing), 555:2.

Put that CPU, clear cmos, and put one ram and see if it boots atleast to the bios.

Which ram is it? Are the chips on same side or on both sides of ram?

Nov 6, 2018
Chips are on Both Sides of RAM..800 FSB...Kingston Make 2 GB X 2....I tried with 1) either RAM..not display..2) No RAM...no beep...

Using jumper, as given in DG41TY motherboard manual, under BIOS Setup Configuration Jumper Settings i tried all Modes i.e. Normal, Configure and Recovery...No success with all Five processors which are 45 nm...

Thank you Robert Ban...

Weird... Are you usre that you did full bios reset by removing battery and draining power from motherboard with psu unplugged from wall?
If soo I would personally give up from that motherboard unless somebody else tries to answer you.

From a bit googling, seems like this motherboard has issues with steppings of the 45nm CPU's if im right, I really don't know what to do.
https://www.google.hr/search?q=DG41TY+not+working+with+45nm&oq=DG41TY+not+working+with+45nm&aqs=chrome..69i57.7381j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Can you read out the number parts of the CPU?
Where says SLGUR, you have to find on your CPU's, then Im going to see which and what and how.
Inkeds-l300-LI.jpg

Nov 6, 2018
Yes..Mr. Ban...i am the same user doing all above..

Part number of CPU's
CPU1 - SLB9J (Intel Core 2 Duo E8400)
CPU2- SLGTD (Intel Core 2 Duo E7600)
CPU3 - SL9S8 (Intel Core 2 Duo E6600)

Thank you...

Nov 6, 2018
Mr. Robert Ban...I was about to mod 45nm microcode for BIOS...Just decided to try out all 5 nos. of CPU's on Intel DG41TY for last time and SLGTD (Intel Core 2 Duo E7600) worked on it...Surprise..but hard to believe rest all are actually bad as they were received from reliable source...It proves the board supports 45nm CPU's as well...
Thanks Sir.. I learned a lot from your valuable replies...