Intel DP67BG Error Code 27

navierstokes3d

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hello,

I have had this motherboard for almost 6 months with the same RAM--recently my computer turned off while I was using it and attempted to restart itself. I received error 27 on the motherboard LED display.

I have OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK.

I pulled all the RAM out and put in one stick at a time in DIMM slot #1. When I did this, the computer would boot up (using all three sticks, but one at a time). When I attempted to place the RAM back into DIMM #1, #2, and #3 slots, I receive error 27.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

navierstokes3d

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Update: So I determined that when I add RAM to DIMM slots 1 and 4, it boots up fine, but when it detects the presence of RAM in DIM Slots 2 and 3, I get error 27.

After speaking to an Intel tech, he thinks the voltage of the RAM I have is incorrect and states that it is the processor that determines the memory error, not the mobo.

Yah, that is a fact, the memory controller lies in the CPU but it is still very irrelevant since it's something in the mobo that is causing this problem to flare up. You need to tell the tech rep, that these are the stats. If you're not confident that the mobo is problematic, I can always suggest replacing it with another one and checking the CPU and RAMs out on that one, or getting another CPU to test out the old board and RAMs, or get new RAMs and test out the mobo and CPU.
IMO, you still ought to send the board back and tell them to replace it.

TRENDING THREADS