Question Intel Dual Band Wifi Card Cannot Connect to Wifi While Adapter Can

Sadiew1990

Distinguished
May 7, 2015
The Problem: I recently got a new computer, and since I switched over my Wifi Adapter seems to be dying. I have a wifi card in the PC, but I can't seem to connect to anything with it (while my Wifi Adapter can, when the USB port recognizes it). When I don't have the adapter plugged in I just get "wifi," but with the adapter in I get wifi 2 (the card) and wifi 3 (adapter). Wifi 2 only picks up the 3 signals in my house, while the adapter (wifi 3) gets the neighbors too, and at higher strengths.

When I try to use my card to connect to a wifi in my house I have to put in the password, and it either connects and says "secured" with no actual connection, or it says that it cannot connect. When I troubleshoot it is says it has trouble connecting and the wireless strength might be low. I have Bluetooth earphones fwiw, but I just plug them in without the Bluetooth (which is turned off on the computer).

Fix attempt: I tried to manually install the drivers from the Intel website, but nothing really happened.

Specs:
- Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac
- Network adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
- OS Version: Windows 11 10.0.22631 Build 22631
- ISP: Xfinity
- Connection type: Wifi
- Devices connected to router: honestly don't know how to check this. Guessing 5 phones, couple laptops, 3 computers, few tvs

Error Messages: Not seeing anything in event viewer after I unsuccessfully try to connect to the wifi.

Any help greatly appreciated.