Intel: First Time PC Buyers Don't Get Netbooks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I repair computers and 90% of the people I come in contact with would be perfectly happy with the performance of a netbook.

I helped a friend pick out a ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK. She loved the price and the mobility, but really wasn't sold until I pointed out that when its at her desk it would be hooked up to a 24" LCD and full sized keyboard, speakers, mouse, printer, external optical drive ...

When mobile it is small light and pretty much lasts all day on a charge. 6.5 hours of watching hulu via wifi and maybe 10 hours of light use such as taking notes in class with the wifi disabled.

They are not for everyone but there are a lot of people for whom this is the perfect computer for their needs.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Codesmith[/nom]I repair computers and 90% of the people I come in contact with would be perfectly happy with the performance of a netbook.I helped a friend pick out a ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK. She loved the price and the mobility, but really wasn't sold until I pointed out that when its at her desk it would be hooked up to a 24" LCD and full sized keyboard, speakers, mouse, printer, external optical drive ...When mobile it is small light and pretty much lasts all day on a charge. 6.5 hours of watching hulu via wifi and maybe 10 hours of light use such as taking notes in class with the wifi disabled.They are not for everyone but there are a lot of people for whom this is the perfect computer for their needs.[/citation]

Have you ever tried to watch Hulu videos in fullscreen on a netbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.