Intel Focusing on Windows 8 Touchscreen Ultrabooks in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if Intel charged less for their processors, the OEMs could reach the price easier. The more time they waste waiting for AMD to release Trinity, the more trouble they will be in the mobile and ultra mobile markets. Also I am surprised that neither amd or intel have tried an ARM processor for this segment yet.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]i can't imagine a touchscreen laptop not being awkward...[/citation]
Why? Rotate the screen, and it's a tablet, albeit a bit thick.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]Will Windows 8 ARM tablet will be release at the same time, It would be an exciting battle.[/citation]
cool, win8 ultra book vs win8 tablet vs win8 pc

looks like win-win-win situation for MS

G

well if microsoft make integration between all these new microsoft easy/fast, then it would impact the market heavy

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]i can't imagine a touchscreen laptop not being awkward...[/citation] Uhh, what about all the people at the airport I see with keyboards attached to their tablets. LMAO

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]thor220[/nom]Maybe if Intel charged less for their processors, the OEMs could reach the price easier. The more time they waste waiting for AMD to release Trinity, the more trouble they will be in the mobile and ultra mobile markets. Also I am surprised that neither amd or intel have tried an ARM processor for this segment yet.[/citation]

Knowledge is power, and you are weak.

Intel sells mobile "performance mainstream" chips for average of $120-130, because manufacturers buy millions rather than thousands and get heavy discounts. Apple ships 3 SKUs on the Macbook Airs yet ship 2-3 million. The 6 or so major PC manufacturers are probably playing so conservative with Ultrabook versions of their own, that they are paying near full list price.

No wonder there were rumors PC manufacturers having hard time pricing against the Macbook Air.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]Uhh, what about all the people at the airport I see with keyboards attached to their tablets. LMAO[/citation]
Aren't they using it in "laptop mode" though? I mean if you can remove the screen, sure, but then it's not an ultrabook...point was, touchscreen + normal laptop= what's the point?
Maybe finger drawing or something. idk, will have to see when it arrives.

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]dontknownotsure[/nom]cool, win8 ultra book vs win8 tablet vs win8 pc looks like win8-win8-win8 situation for MS[/citation]

fify

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Not too interested in a touch version of windows 8. I'm more excited to see a gesture based one, maybe something that uses a much smaller version of the kinect. Touch is great, but not in a laptop.

An ultrabook with touchscreen control can be a viable alternative to the Macbook Air. I know a person with a touchscreen Thinkpad and it seems very useful to have two forms of input complement each other.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]i so wished they also tried to make wacom screen cheaper[/citation]

wacom holds the pattents, they chose the price. if there was any real alternative, i would have one.

G

Piano Players...there are Millions of us Pianists out here and we need to "scan" thousands of sheet music charts to the TABLET...but we need a 13" or 14" to copy all the old CLASSICS and older POP sheet music!....get busy Manufacturers....haven't seen this mentioned anywhere....coupled with an AIR TURN...we can hit the unscene 'pedal' and FLIP the pages on the tablet....get busy mfrs......dSavoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS