Question Intel Graphics Driver causing Windows 10 to Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2022
I have installed (several times now) clean install of Windows 10 on to HP ProBook 470 G2 onto an Kingston SSD. However once I get booted into Windows 10 it is fine - until it downloads and installs the Intel Video Driver (I can confirm it is installing the latest version). Once this is installed within minutes the whole machine freezes. I force shutdown, boot it up again, go to log in and before I can even login it has frozen again. This keeps happening.

Should I try an older driver?

Sometimes before it even boots into Windows it freezes (for example, when the Windows logo appears and starts spinning)

Thanks

Jan 14, 2022
The problem is when Windows downloads the driver after a clean install - it is THAT very driver it downloads that causes the problem. Therefore I need to install Windows 10 again ensuring there is no internet connection to the PC. Manually install an old driver via USB.

Assuming that works and the problem doesn't repeat itself. What is the best way to stop Windows updating that driver to the faulty one which it inevitably will try to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.