[SOLVED] intel graphics

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
hello guys, i have b360d3h motherboard and core i5 8500 cpu and rx 480 video card all this working on windows 10 build 1803
i have a problem detecting the intel graphics on my pc every time i run auto detect it says no software detected
isn't the mb have an internal intel grpahics? how can i detect it?

Solution
i want to install the driver for intel graphics on my system? what is the driver model
By default, the integrated graphics are disabled when you have a graphics card. You have to go into the BIOS to enable them when a graphics card is installed. Enabling the integrated graphics will use system RAM that will take away RAM from Windows. Usually enabling the integrated graphics is not beneficial when you have a graphics card.

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016

kanewolf

Titan
i want to install the driver for intel graphics on my system? what is the driver model
By default, the integrated graphics are disabled when you have a graphics card. You have to go into the BIOS to enable them when a graphics card is installed. Enabling the integrated graphics will use system RAM that will take away RAM from Windows. Usually enabling the integrated graphics is not beneficial when you have a graphics card.

Solution
Is the igpu enabled in the bios(under chipset in bios)? Default is auto and when a dedicated gpu is installed auto will disable the igpu.
The more important question here is if he connected a/the monitor to the igpu because otherwise there is no chance for it to show up even if it is enabled in bios.
in windows 7 or 8 you could connect the igpu to a virtual display but in windows 10 that doesn't work anymore.

bignastyid

Titan
The more important question here is if he connected a/the monitor to the igpu because otherwise there is no chance for it to show up even if it is enabled in bios.
in windows 7 or 8 you could connect the igpu to a virtual display but in windows 10 that doesn't work anymore.
Even without a monitor plugged into it, it should still show up in device manager and the driver should still install if it is enabled in bios.