Intel HD 4400 graphics card

Ibrahim Marwat

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hello everyone
I have bought my core i5 laptop HP Envy m6 which has Intel HD 4400 graphics card with 1800 MB total memory.
So can anyone please tell me whether i can play Assassin Creed 1 2 3. Far cry 3. Tomb raider 2013. Max Payne 3. GTA 4. Blur and COD black ops with it.
Suggest any other games that would run on medium or lower graphics setting.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello mate.

I'm writing from my ultrabook with the same exact GPU. I've tried various games on it as I'm an owner of a fairly powerful desktop, so all my games that I play on my desktop I've tried to play on this laptop. The Intel 4400 HD will suffices playing mainstream and less demanding games, such as League of Legends, Minecraft, DOTA 2, CS:GO etc.

Look at these benchmarks to get an idea of how your new PC will handle games

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400.91979.0.html
Hello mate.

I'm writing from my ultrabook with the same exact GPU. I've tried various games on it as I'm an owner of a fairly powerful desktop, so all my games that I play on my desktop I've tried to play on this laptop. The Intel 4400 HD will suffices playing mainstream and less demanding games, such as League of Legends, Minecraft, DOTA 2, CS:GO etc.

Look at these benchmarks to get an idea of how your new PC will handle games

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400.91979.0.html

Solution

jkr284

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Dont listen to them, tomb raider 2013, black ops 2 and gta 4 all run great at 720p with mid to high settings, its the direct x 11 featurs that kill the card. tomb raider is butter smooth and so is black ops 2. im running a surface pro 2 128gb version with 4gb ram.
i also run butter smooth at 1366x768:
Bioshock infinite
Batman arkham city
payday the heist
serious sam hd second encounter
sonic all stars racing transformed
left for dead 2 (1080p)
call of juarez gunslinger
trackmania 2 stadium
Borderlands 2
Rayman Legends (1080p)
Super street fighter 4
enjoy!!

check some youtube videos of the graphics card for evidence...

Ibrahim Marwat

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hi.
Thanks for response.
Yeah I was wondering why i couldn't play this game on low settings. I have also checked YouTube videos for Intel hd 4400.
As you all know its RAM is 8 GB so its not bad.
Anyhow thanks everyone.
I m going to give it a try.

5aravana

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hi Buddy,

When U said u have an HP ENVY, It must be having a dedicated GPU (nVidia) graphic card....
SO the games u have mentioned shd be very much possible to play with decent configuration.... ENJOY....
Suggest some good games in ur opinion too....

Regards,
SK

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Woah what? Dude you're crazy, someone with the surface pro 2 which has the Intel HD 4400 played Battlefield 4 on it with low settings with playable 30-40 fps.

DeadOrAliveYT

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014
These guys don't know what they're talking about . You can indeed play games like cod, far cry max Payne, etc. look on YouTube and search things like "Intel hd 4400 gaming" a good youtuber to search is surface pro gamer. The surface pro has an i5 and Intel had 4400, watch his video, he'll show you what settings you can play games on with an intel hd 4400. Hope this helped

Neitir Joe

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
hey Ibrahim marwat i have the intel hd 4400 graphics and i can play far cry 3 , COD black ops , sleeping dogs , COD modern warfare 3 , COD ghosts, gta iv in ultra graphics setting though COD ghosts takes time toload but gamplay never lags . i have ran these games at the fps of 50-70 . just try and play these games it will work

Ultra settings no way, you can play on low maybe medium.

RintyFebreeze

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

i have the exact same gpu and i am able to run assassins creed 1 and 2, gta 4, tomb raider, planet side 2 , and many others. i can play these games at playable frame rates because I've made some adjustments to the gpu. If you want to find out how, just look around on the internet it's very simple.

1 very simple way to increase fps is to go into the control panel, click all panel option in the top bar,then find power options and change the power saving options to high performance. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pvladov.com%2F2013%2F01%2Fimprove-intel-hd-graphics-performance.html&ei=PregVL2mJcWpogTl4YG4DQ&usg=AFQjCNFJSV7MdMG-AsL8KdObM8ssESbTDw&sig2=FkmREU_OgIw0M1fw7nekpw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cGU . i know its long but this should help a ton.

Allan_14

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Kind of old post but I would like to have an input here. I currently use Intel HD 4400 Graphics on my HP Pavilion 500 series and it runs games perfectly fine. I can play Battlefield 3 & 4, FIFA 15 & 16, CoD Ghosts and Modern Warfare 3 among others using my Steam and Origin and these games perform amazingly well. And I have never seen a display so clean, clear and crisp in all my life. The FPS on Call of Duty for example peaks close to 60fps and never seen it below 45fps. This family of integrated graphics is very good.

I think how much system RAM you have installed plays a big part as these Intel graphics uses your system RAM. My shared system memory is 4048MB giving total of 4176MB after adding 128MB for the onboard graphics. So essentially it's like having a 4GB dedicated graphics card in your machine. It performs as good as a 4GB dedicated card would as well. believe me, I've tried but the display is cleaner and more crisp with Intel graphics.

8GB DDR3
Intel i3 4130 @ 3.40MHz

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Please don't necro threads, especially to add unadulterated nonsense. You can have all the RAM in the world and it won't make the HD 4400 perform up to the level of a discrete GPU.

Allan_14

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

I'm just going on what I was led to believe and I don't appreciate the tone either. Point I was trying to make was for my self on my end, the HD 4400 outperforms any graphics card I have tried.