Question Intel i7-14700K vs RTX 3080 Ti bottleneck - - - does anyone believe bottleneck website ?

Nov 29, 2023
Hi guys,
Sorry for my bad english.
Iam looking for new pc build,
My prefer to amd 7800x3d but same segment i7 14700k more core. But website said 4k build bottleneck?
Website believe bottleneck?
My work maximum productivity like
4k blender,after effect, premier pro.
1%gaming. Please solve😑🙏🙏

There always is some bottleneck even if you use the top parts you can buy.

You also have to be very careful there is a massive difference in the best cpu/gpu combination based your applications.

Many so called benchmark sites are for gaming usage...this is where the 7800x3d wins most times. BUT when you run at 4k for gaming it is the GPU that matters the most. Even with a 4090 the GPU is the so called "bottleneck" for most games. This will likely also be true even with the next generation of GPU like 5090. So it tends to make less difference what CPU you use.

The huge problem is the application you list like premier or blender are considered video "production" applications not gaming. These have very different requirements. In addition blender uses a lot of GPU for rendering where premier uses CPU. Both though get better results on cpu with faster clock and number of cores. This tends to favor intel cpu. You will also find that the non "x3d" models of AMD work better for non gaming applications.

Bottle line is don't trust stupid simplistic sites that give you 1 number. Find all the review sites and youtube channels that actually test different application. Dig though all the data and find testing for the application you are actually using. The result can be extremely different if you for example compare what is best for a game like cyberpunk and say video rendering program like blender.

Nov 29, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Bro
Iam go with Amd non x3d models right?
Currently i have 3080ti gpu.
Which amd is best or intel? Please suggestion?

logainofhades

Titan
Bottleneck websites are pure trash. Do not trust them. For a work machine, that hardly ever games, the 7800x3d isn't an optimal choice. It's a gaming CPU. That said, unless you need to buy now, wait till Ryzen 9000 releases at the end of the month, and then decide. It should drive down the pricing on the 7000 series chips. This review has some benchmarks for the software you are using.

I would personally choose AMD, as I am not entirely sure that the stability issues of the i9 13900k and 14900k, won't show up on the i7 models. Also with AM5 you get an upgrade path not present on Intel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHcrbT5D_Y&t=347s