Intel Investigating Case of Counterfeit Core i7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes990

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
That's crazy, Dreadlock I hope you got everything worked out. I was considering getting an i7-920, should I not use new egg or is this worked out?

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
It would appear that...
*Puts on sunglasses*
We are getting to the CORE of the problem.
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]You must be under the false pretense that two wrongs make a right[/citation]

You must be under the false pretense that sending him an i7-965 to fix their mistake is a "wrong."

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]You must be under the false pretense that sending him an i7-965 to fix their mistake is a "wrong."[/citation]

Ohhh my bad. I completely took Shinobis comment as if they should send him a Phenom II 965. Honest mistake, but I really think it could have been interpreted either way...

dante10

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
that was totally crazy...all the best dreadlock...hope intel will solve this problem fast so theres no other victim like dreadlock...

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]This is why I stopped buying retail because of crap like this learned the hard way from Bestbuy.[/citation]

Seriously dude? Best Buy & Newegg should not even be in the same sentence, Best Buy is a joke, Newegg is a legit company that treats their customers well. Get a clue before you go comparing Newegg to Best Buy...

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]It would appear that...
*Puts on sunglasses*
We are getting to the CORE of the problem. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/citation]
Great investigations require good...
*Puts on sunglasses*
as oppose to fake intel.
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]buwish[/nom]Sad part is, Newegg will probably charge him a "restocking fee" or something as well. Insult to injury.[/citation]

They don't charge restock fees on items they swap out. They will on opened items that are returned and not swapped though.

G

I think what they mean by demo units, are mock up boxes that can be put on display on store shelves maybe? Could be wrong, but just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.